Aviagen is the world’s leading poultry breeding company, developing pedigree lines for the production of broiler chickens and turkeys and has a number of wholly owned operations and joint ventures around the world. This position will be part of our global team which provides veterinary medicine guidance to our clients as well as poultry health research.
We are seeking an outstanding individual to provide broiler and parent stock veterinary medicine guidance (prevention, diagnosis and management of full range of poultry health issues) to Aviagen clients in Western Europe. The role would also be expected to liaise with university, institute and animal health researchers for conducting poultry health-related research. The position will work closely with Aviagen management, sales and technical personnel in Europe.
• Degree in Veterinary Medicine with previous experience and/or postdoctoral degree/training in Avian Medicine.
• Skilled in clinical diagnosis of poultry health problems and ability to develop and communicate appropriate solutions to customers and colleagues.
• A minimum of 5 years’ veterinary experience with commercial broiler breeder and/or broiler flocks.
• Fluency in English is required and fluency in regional language (Dutch, German) is preferred.
• Ability to travel throughout the region and conduct field visits with customer production personnel.
• Can work independently, maintain accurate records and visitation reports; have good interpersonal skills and basic computer knowledge.
• Creative, high in self-motivation, team player and good time-management skills.
• Demonstrate excellent presentation, technical writing and communication skills.
• Knowledge of experimental design (field or research facilities) and basic data analysis and interpretation would be beneficial.
This position will report directly to the Global Head of Veterinary Technical Service. The candidate must have a valid EU passport. Preferred employment base is The Netherlands or Belgium but other Western European countries will be considered.
Closing Date: April 16, 2021