This role requires a high level of autonomy and empowerment. Key role in driving innovations and results of the department. Critical decision making in animal studies and compliance for R&D and QC projects. Development of the team and individual team members.
Welcome in our team
Our Animal Research Department (45 FTE) is responsible for the execution of animal studies at the Boxmeer site for R&D and Quality Control according the 3R principles. The veterinary and histopathological team currently consists of eight persons, including four veterinarians. In the current organization the departmental head is leading the team. Due to growth in R&D and QC at the Boxmeer site and future expansion of the facilities the need for specialist veterinary support is growing.
For our location Boxmeer we are looking for a:
Veterinary Team Lead
In this new role you are responsible for leading and developing the veterinary group in charge of the veterinary care, veterinary specialized activities and managing the pathology functions including necropsies and histopathology analyses. Ultimately, you
enable the department to further strengthen support and alignment with local stakeholders, ensure business continuity and further improve quality.
Tasks and responsibilities are:
• Managing the veterinary and histopathology teams with regards to resource planning and priorities
• Providing veterinary clinical support, including gross pathology, for R&D/QC studies
• Alignment with internal stakeholders for veterinary and histopathological support
• Providing leadership and guidance to animal care and technical staff
• Acting as a clinical research veterinarian offering veterinary care, clinical consultation and participating in R&D project teams
• Responsible for GLP (Good Laboratory Practice)/GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)/EHS (Environment, Health & Safety) compliance
• Development and implementation of new methods and techniques
• Supporting the Head of ARD on strategic projects (including investment projects), facility management and improving quality of output
You are a member of the Animal Research Department Management Team, work in close collaboration with R&D, Quality, Manufacturing, Safety, Health & Environment and report into the Head of ARD.
Our animal health division is committed to protecting and improving animal health, welfare and performance. In close cooperation with veterinarians, farmers, pet owners and governments, we develop an unrivaled range of veterinary pharmaceutical products, vaccines and health management solutions and services. We are one of the first companies to focus on biological R&D for animal health.
• A graduate of veterinary medicine, accredited in the Netherlands (DVM)
• Broad veterinary knowledge and experience with different animal species
• Proven track record of managing and developing a team of professionals
• A high degree of organizational sensitivity
• Excellent command of the English and Dutch language or willing to learn
• Eligible to work in The Netherlands
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities for personal development. Our benefits are very competitive, and the summary below will give you an idea of what you can expect.
• Competitive salary and a 3% year-end bonus
• 35,5 days of leave
• Attractive collective health care insurance package with considerable reduction rates
• Solid Pension Plan
• Bonus plan subject to the company annual results
• Flexible working arrangements
Who we are…
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for…
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.Bijlage