Korte inleiding: During this workshop Chiara Valtolina and Meredith ’t Hoen, both specialists of the American and European College of Emergency and Critical Care, will explain and demonstrate some of the most important procedures necessary to stabilise a critical emergency patient (cats and dogs).
Speker(s)/Docent(en): Dr. Chiara Valtolina ACVECC, EVBS
Dr. Meredith ’t Hoen ACVECC, ECVECC, EVBS
Programma: The workshop will comprise a theoretical part presenting the various techniques, followed by a practical wetlab, where you will have the opportunity to practise these skills on cadavers. The wetlab will focus and feasible emergency techniques that could also be implemented in everyday practice. We will discuss and practise performing a thoracentesis and placing different types of chest drains. We will show how to:
• perform urinary catheterisation in both cats and dogs (female and male) and discuss techniques for relieving urinary obstruction;
• perform an emergency tracheostomy;
• perform a cutdown on peripheral vessels;
• place a nasal oxygen catheter;
• place intraosseous catheters in paediatric patients.
Accreditatiepunten: After completion of the workshop you will receive a certificate and 6 accreditation points.
Doelgroep: Veterinarians with an interest in emergency medicine.